Assessment Process

Personal Independence Payment 2. Making a Claim Law Centre (NI) Legal Information Briefing. Page 4. Following this phone call, a PIP 2 form will be sent to you (see Step 2).

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted. You will need to provide your own audio-recording equipment. Make sure that you know where your appointment is taking place, plan your journey and give yourself enough time to arrive on time. You've reached the character limit.

Moving from DLA to PIP if you're terminally ill

Moving from DLA to PIP if you're terminally ill. If you're terminally ill and have been awarded PIP at a higher rate than your DLA, you'll get that amount from the earliest of these dates: the last day of your DLA payment period; the first payday of the next benefit week. Your payday is the day the decision was made, for example if your decision was made on a Thursday, the payday is a Thursday.

Thinking about your DLA stopping and having to claim a new benefit can be daunting. If you want to see the evidence first, you can ask them to send it to you but not to the PIP team. You can then choose if you want to include some or all of it with your PIP claim.

Read how to claim PIP for a step by step guide to making a claim. Your mobility will be reassessed when you move to PIP. You can talk to an adviser at your nearest Citizens Advice. You should return your vehicle within 8 weeks of your DLA payments stopping - or 26 weeks if you joined Motability before You might be entitled to a one-off payment from Motability when you return your vehicle, depending on its condition and when you joined Motability.

You need to do this within 1 month of the date on your decision letter. You'll still need to return your vehicle within the deadline while you're waiting for a decision. You can find out from Motability about returning your vehicle and the payment , known as 'transitional support'.

The DfC will write to you to tell you of their decision. The PIP notification letter will tell you whether you have been awarded PIP, and if you have, it will tell you what rate you have been awarded and for how long.

It will give you your score for each activity. You do not need to do anything more. You will then get no more DLA payments. The daily living rate is for the extra help you need with everyday tasks. This can include preparing food, washing, getting dressed or communicating with other people. The mobility rate is for the extra help you need getting around.

This can include moving, planning a journey or following a route. If your PIP award is for 2 years or less, the DfC should write to you 14 weeks roughly 3 months before your award is due to end, reminding you to make a new claim.

If your award is for more than 2 years, the DfC will send you out a PIP renewal form one year before your award is due to end. You have 4 weeks to return it. This will prevent any break in your PIP payments while you wait for a decision on your new claim. PIP claims can be reviewed at any time. If the DfC writes to you saying your PIP will be reviewed, you must send them the information they need within a month of the date of their letter.

You could ask for an extension if you have a good reason. You can find out more about how benefits are paid and the type of accounts they can be paid into on nidirect. You can find more information about PIP on the government website at www. Preparing for your Consultation Make sure that you know where your appointment is taking place, plan your journey and give yourself enough time to arrive on time.

Information that will help us with your assessment If you have new evidence about how your condition affects your daily life, which you have not already sent to the DfC, please bring this to your assessment. For example, reports from the following health professionals: Occupational Therapists Social Workers Community Psychiatric Nurses Learning Disability Support Teams Remember, the evidence should show us how your condition affects you and not be just confirmation of your condition or the medication you take.

Other details you may want to think about: If you have an assistance dog, water will be available. Accessible toilets will be available but we cannot help you to use these If you use any specialised communication equipment, please bring it with you. Premises are accessible, with a hearing loop available, but make sure you contact our Enquiry Centre on as soon as possible about any special requirements.

You may want to get in touch with us in advance if: Your disability or health condition means that you need specific adjustments to the way we carry out your consultation. This may include a request for a sign language interpreter. English is not your first language and you would like us to help - we can provide an interpreter. Identity verification for a face-to-face consultation Before your consultation commences, you will be asked to show one piece of primary evidence or three pieces of secondary evidence from the list below.

This must be undertaken in line with the following DfC rules: You need to notify us before your appointment that you will like to record your assessment by calling our Enquiry Centre on You will need to provide your own audio-recording equipment. Your recording equipment must be able to produce two identical copies of the recording at the end of the assessment, either on audio cassette or CD.

Mobile phones and laptops are not suitable mediums for recording assessments.

Copyright © 2017 · All Rights Reserved · Maine Council of Churches